Great places for a quick, healthy, gluten free bite in the area

My family and I are avid restaurant goers.  You name it, and if it is a 10 mile radius from our house, we have most likely tried it.  But, when it comes to fast food, there is minimal options for people who cannot eat gluten.  The main fast food places such as McDonald, Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Chipolte are not only unhealthy, but none of their menu items are guaranteed gluten free, due to them using the same fryers for everything and most items containing bread or flour.  But, over the coarse of my 16 years living in this area, I have discovered some great spots for a quick eat.



Image result for bibibopTo start off, I want to talk about Bibibop (located in Pike and Rose).  Bibibop is an Asian grill that's food resembles what you would commonly see at mealtime in South Korea.  The way you order your food is similar to that of Chipolte, but the freshness and healthiness of the food is much better.  I order the white rice bowl with tofu, sprouts, and Sriracha sauce.  This is very plain, I know, but it is one of the only orders on the menu that is certified gluten free.  I usually do not care for tofu, but the grilled tofu here is amazing and, you get your food instantly, so it is the perfect place for a fast bite.




Photo of Fish Taco - Bethesda, MD, United States. Taco platter with salad. I want to next mention a great substitute for the greasy and unhealthy food at Taco Bell.  Fish Taco (located in Wildwood shopping center) is a take out (but you can sit down too) restaurant, and its food  is inspired by various regions including Baja California, Mexico and the Southwest.  They have everything on their menu from traditional street tacos to delicious and fresh rice bowls.  My personal favorite that is certified gluten free is the vegetarian bowl.  It contains rice, beans, avocado, street corn all topped off with zesty signature sauce.  Not only is the food tasty and the ingredients are fresh, the website claims it only takes about 5-10 minutes to receive your order (but it really usually only takes 5 minutes in my experience).





Image result for smoothie king smoothie mangofestThe last place I wanna talk about is Smoothie King (located in Congressional Plaza).  I do not really know if this qualified as food, but I'm gonna include it anyways because I have been loving their Mangofest smoothie with vanilla protein powder lately!  Not only is this smoothie gluten free, but it is low in sugar, surprisingly very filling, and only takes about 5 minutes for them to prepare..  It also has a ton of great nutrients and vitamins in it.  Their menu is huge (I'm talking like six pages!), so you are sure to find something you like!   

Comments