Gringos and Mariachis Bethesda restaurant, is it allergy friendly?






Image result for gringos and mariachis bethesda

Over the weekend, my family and I decided to go out to eat on Sunday night.  We decided to go to downtown Bethesda, Maryland and eat at Gringos and Mariachis.  Eating at new restaurants when I am allergic to practically everything can be difficult and stressful, especially when I don't call ahead of time to ask what their gluten and dairy free options are.  The menu, although it was smaller than most, had a wide variety of different types of foods ranging from soup to quesadillas.  One of the greatest perks of the restaurant is the gluten friendly free unlimited chips!  They were great.  My family and I probably ate about four bowls of the chips.  Regarding entrees, I decided on the steak fajitas.  The gluten free options were great.  They had corn tortillas, so I could pretty much eat anything on the menu if I just substituted out the flour tortillas for corn.  The overall atmosphere of the restaurant was hip and fun.  The music was good, although it could get a little loud at some points of the meal. My family and I sat in the bar area, which was super hopping and busy.  My food arrived in about 20 minutes, which was pretty good.  The fajitas looked great.  They came with a side of guacamole and sour cream. The steak was surrounded by peppers and onions.  I really liked the fajitas.  they were filled with flavor and the meat and vegetables tasted super fresh.  The only problem I would say I had was the fact that when I got home, my clothes and hair smelled extremely like Mexican food, which was weird and unpleasant. I would rate this restaurant a 8/10.  The food and atmosphere was fantastic, but the restaurant was a little loud, and the smell of the restaurant was very strong and it sticks to clothes.  I will definitely be going back though!  I have been craving one of their fajitas ever since!  Overall, I would say that this restaurant is definitely allergen friendly!









Comments