3 TASTIEST SPOTS IN D.C.

Eating out can be hard when you have dietary restrictions.  Especially when it comes to finding food without gluten/wheat in it.  I am always a bit hesitant to try new restaurants, for fear of their food possibly having wheat.  So, hear are some of my favorite restaurants in the city that have great gluten free options for a quick snack or a full meal!  

1.  Red Velvet 
Image result for red velvet cupcake dc
Red velvet is located in downtown D.C. on 7th street NW.  Not only do they have great presentation of their gluten free cupcakes, but they taste amazing!  They have two flavors of gluten free cupcake, chocolate and vanilla, and two types of gluten free frosting, vanilla and chocolate.  My personally favorite would have to be the gluten free vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting!

2. Flavio
imageImage result for flavio restaurant dcFlavio is an authentic Italian restaurant located right off M street in Georgetown.  They offer gluten free pizza, pasta, and bread.  I have been here probably about 4 times now, and my favorite thing on the menu is the gluten free pesto pasta.  They also use their gluten free pizza crust to make flat bread, which they season with olive oil and salt.  Flavio also has a great atmosphere, and they open the windows when it is warm out, which gives the restaurant great lighting and nice overall                                                        vibe.  In addition, you can sit inside or outside.

3. Crepe and Creme DC
Image result for crepe and cream dc'I first attended Crepe and Creme about 2 summers ago and I absolutely loved it.  It is located right on Pennsylvania Avenue.  Their crepes are certified gluten free, and they even have a whole other stove top for when they make gluten free crepes, to ensure that no cross contamination occurs.  Although I have only been here once,  I have been dying to go back ever since but I just haven't found the time.  When I went, I ordered the gluten free Nutella crepe with whip cream, and it was delicious!  The only problem with this spot was parking, since it is in sort of a strange spot with no parking lot, but I would still definitely recommend it!

Comments